Saturday 28 July 2012

Good Morning pt2

Hey interwebs.  I'm back.

I took that shower.  Then a trip to the liquor store, a bus to cady bay and several hours to finish the project from last night.  

So it's been longer than I meant.

Anyway, the project from last night was to build a paper prototype for sratagem to answer one simple question.  Is this game fun?

I know this should be self evident, but as designers, we get attached to our own ideas and often don't sufficiently scrutinize them.  This can lead to a situation that one of my colleagues has found themselves in.  After 5 years of development, they are in the process of user testing and perfecting the tutorial and are only now starting to ask, with some underlying desperation, wether the game is fun and if and why someone would buy it. 

The worst part is that the answers seem to be "kind of", and "probably not" respectively.  

I don't want that to happen to me, so I am trying to answer the question now.  To that end, I cut out about 24 pieces and threw together a grid and I have been able to start running test games with the other partygoers here.  

I would tell you how it went, but I'm not done yet. So results to come in a future post.  Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment